1) Always purchase the cheapest gas.
2) Fill up your tank in the morning when it’s cold. You’ll get more for your money.
3) Plan on keeping your car forever and take care of it.
4) When you bring it in for servicing, ask them to wash it – many will do this gratis.
5) Be sure to always tighten your gas cap. Gas can evaporate and cost you money.
6) Don’t carry extra stuff in your car. The heavier it is the more gas it takes.
7) Combine errands so that you are driving less.
8) If you have teenagers, designate the teenager as the primary driver of your oldest car.
9) Buy your tires at discount chains but check the side of the tire for the year they were made.
10) Buy a used car.
11) Don’t waste time and money warming up your car.
12) Don't start and stop engine needlessly.
13) Don’t “rev” your engine.
14) Keep windows closed when traveling at highway speeds.
15) Drive Steady.
16) The light turns green, don’t gun it!
17) Don’t overfill your tank
18) Try to hit the green lights
19) Don’t take the scenic route
20) Accelerate into hills
21) Park to Avoid Reverse
22) Keep your tires inflated
24) Change your air filter
25) Use the Right type of Oil and Keep it Clean
26) Don’t Drive With Icicles on Car
27) Don’t Drive with Snow Tires All Year Round
Remember, if you like these tips please feel free to pass them on. It helps me to grow my business. As a small business owner, our marketing is word of mouth and building trusted relationships with people.
If you have tips of your own that you’d like to share, please email me and I’ll share with appropriate attribution (I’ll give you credit). Trying to keep your money in your pocket? Remember to use a money clip.
Crazy 4 Money Clips
Crazy Bill Wilson Copyright 2010